The Samsung Library plans to provide a special lecture on how to write a thesis in English for graduate students as follows. This special lecture is the second time after we had once in October. The lecture will be conducted with different topics and online for 2 hours in English as a special lecture that will help you write an English essay for submission to an international journal. All interested graduate students are welcome to participate.
1. Date: March 18 (Fri) 15:30 – 17:30
2. Lecture Topic
A. Common language mistakes Korean researchers make in scientific papers (50mins)
This session aims to learn language mistakes that ESL speakers commonly make in writing a scientific manuscript as below.
· Style concerns: references, abbreviations, punctuations
· Common grammar errors and simple tests
B. How to write an effective abstract and a cover letter (50mins)
· This session aims to learn how a good abstract should be written to deliver the essence of a scientific manuscript as below.
· Purpose and importance of an abstract
· Types of abstracts
· What makes a good abstract?
· 10 Steps to help you write a good abstract
· Case studies
3. Instructor: Ph.D. Philip (Introduction attached)
4. How to participate: https://skku-ict.webex.com/join/samsunglib
5. WebEx Meeting number: 579 820 100
6. Language: English
7. Lecture material: Attached but only for lecture, not allowed send or use without author’s permission
8. Inquiry: 031-290-4026, email@example.com