Greetings from Spring, the 54th Student Council of SKKU.
For undergraduates and postgraduates who have completed a long journey at Sungkyunkwan University, we have organized the graduation gowns rental project. The rental requires a beforehand reservation, and everyone who has applied via online can rent the gowns. Warmest congratulations on your graduation.
■ Rental Information
○ Subject: Graduating students in August 2022 and February 2022(for those who were not able to rent due to the COVID issue only)
※ Only bachelor’s and master’s gowns are provided for the rental.
※ Only the students who have received the degree can rent the gowns.
○ Period: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 – Sunday, August 28, 2022, every day from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M.
※ Rental is available during lunch time.
○ Location: Humanities and Social Sciences Campus International Hall 1F Lounge, Natural Sciences Campus Student Center 2F Student Council’s room.
○ Preparation: ID (Registration Card, Driver’s License, Mask, Residence Card, Passport), Bag for the Gown
※ We ask for your understanding that rental is available only after submission of ID card as a deposit.
※ Student ID card is not accepted as deposit.
■ Application for Rental
○ Application Period: Monday, August 1, 2022 – Friday, August 12, 2022
○ Application Process: GLS(PC version) -> 신청/자격관리 -> Click on 금학기졸업자학위복대여신청 -> Enter Visit Day, Campus, Refund Account Information -> Apply -> Pay 5,000 won to the virtual account
※ Because the online registration for the gown rental for undergraduates and postgraduates of winter 2022 is unavailable, please visit during the rental days and register offline.
○ Rental Fee: 5,000 won
※ Virtual account will be provided for the payment when the rental request is successfully submitted. Cash payment will not be supported.
※ Due to the bank policy, issuing the virtual account may not operate from 12:00 to 12:10 A.M. (12:00 to 12:40 A.M. on Fridays).
※ The rental fee will be refunded if the gown is not rented after the payment.
■ Multiple Times Rental Policy
○ There is no limit to the number of times to rent the gowns, but only one gown can be rented at a time.
○ The previously rented must be returned before renting another gown
○ The rental fee is 5,000 won regardless of the number of times of the rent.
○ Please know that an unused gown will be provided for the first rent, and a used gown will be available to rent after the first rent.
■ Parking Information
○ Parking fee discounts will be provided for those who have rented graduation gowns.
○ HSSC (3,000 won charge for 4 hours), NSC (2,000 won charge for 4 hours)
○ Parking Fee Payment Process: Scan the provided QR Code with Camera → Enter the vehicle number, and select the vehicle → Check parking fee, and pay mobile → Exit after payment
※ QR Codes will be provided at the rental site.
※ Additional fee will be charged for any vehicle staying in the campus more than 30 minutes after the payment.
※ In case of HSSC, the parking space is small, so use public transportation if possible.
■ Further Announcement
○ The gown must be returned before 6 P.M. on the day of the rent.
○ Only traditional graduation gowns are available to rent.
○ For the sake of convenience, any peer who has the graduate’s ID card can rent and return the gown.
○ Photo walls and backdrops will be installed during the rental period.
○ In case of lost or damaged gowns, the corresponding fee may be charged:
*Traditional Bachelor’s Degree Gown Set: 132,000 won
*Traditional Master’s Degree Gown Set: 179,000 won
■ Further Inquiries
○ Graduation Preparation Department KakaoTalk Channel: @skkugradu
※ If there is any questions for the rent, Please contact us through KakaoTalk.
We hope that everyone follows the quarantine rules to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and Spring will also do our best for the safety and health of all members.