What is Korean Studies?
- Purpose: Nurturing experts with comprehensive knowledge of Korean language, culture and history
- Target: International students at SKKU
- Degree: Dual degree with students' own major
What is a dual degree?
A dual degree program involves completing and receiving two or more degrees at the same time. This program provides students with the freedom to study various fields. Dual degree programs make it possible for students to study their second and third majors during undergraduate studies at SKKU.
|Foundation||Introduction to Korean Studies|
|Korean Language||Korean Orthography, Reading & Writing in Korean for Academic Purposes, Understanding of Communication, Korean Society and Communication|
|Korean Culture||Korean Culture Heritage, Korean Art and Contemporary Popular Culture, Korean Society and Family Relationships, Korean Society and Confucianism, Modern Korean History and Culture, Introduction to Korean Cinema, China in Korea|
|Korean History||Korean History and Culture, Nature and Geography of Korea, International Relations in East Asia, Visit to Korean History|
|Korean Economy||Understanding of East Asia Economy, Korea-China Trade Environment|
Prospective Vision and Career
As the expansion of economic and political roles in East Asia, students can work as an expert in Korean studies with comprehensive knowledge of Korean studies at domestic and foreign research institutes or as a reginal expert at Korean multinational companies.
How to Apply for Korean Studies
When to apply
- During the application period for dual degree (after third semester is finished)
- Exact date is announced to foreign students at the appropriate time
How to apply
- GLS〔Application/Status Management〕
Courses taken before applying
- After applying for a dual degree, the courses will be approved automatically